Pyronix (FPMEQBL) 12m Dual Element PIR Detector
The ME Q blue is a Passive Infrared Receiver, which works by constantly monitoring the infrared energy levels around a room and recognising a change caused by the entry of an intruder. The detector will then inform the panel which will initiate the alarm condition.
The ME Q blue offers superb false alarm immunity and is ideal for most applications be it commercial or domestic, with proven excellence in terms or reliability and value for money. The revolutionary Blue LED looks stylish and modern and is a great addition to any interior. This subtle and contemporary detector complements any décor.
The ME Q blue detector has several features which give the detector superior false alarm immunity:-
- Sunlight and car headlights are filtered out by using a White Light Filter.
- Pyronix have developed a system known as IFT which filters out interference caused by external electrical sources.
- The sensitivity of the detector can be adjusted by your installer to suit the environment by using the Pulse Count feature.
- Sealed Optics ensure against false alarms caused by insects which may interfere with the sensor inside the detector.
State of the art production methods at Pyronix include a process known as SMT. This ensures a consistently high quality of product and protects against problems caused by Radio Frequencies. This means that potential false alarms as a result of radio waves such as those emitted from emergency service transmitters are minimised.
12m Volumetric detection coverage. Ideal for protection of rooms, offices etc.
30m Long range lens
Optional 30m long range detection coverage lens Ideal for long narrow areas or corridors
Patented Independent Floating Thresholds (IFT)
This technology patented by Pyronix allows the detector to respond to the environmental changes by automatically adjusting its levels of immunity to background disturbances.
Adjustable sensitivity settings
Adjustable sensitivity settings for installations in a any environment. (Pulse Count 1,2,3)
Automatic temperature compensation
When the product is used in a hot environment this technology automatically adjusts the detector’s sensitivity allowing it to maintain its range even when the background room temperature is almost equal to the external body temperature of 32c
Protects from possible infestation from insects, shields air movement in front of the pyro-electric sensor and protects against adverse reflections from inside the detector housing.
3mm polished finish, reduces electrostatic interference on the PIR sensor.
- Dual element pyro-electric sensor
- 12m PIR Detector
- Patented Independent Floating Thresholds (IFT)
- Adjustable sensitivity settings
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Sealed optics
- ABS plastics
- Contemporary Blue LED
Detectors technical characteristics
- Automatic sensitivity : Yes
- Digital temperature compensation : Yes
- Dual element pyro-electric sensor : Yes
- Tamper protection : Front and Rear
- Adjustable sensitivity : Yes
Optical, lens and detection characteristics
- Maximum range : 12m
- Volumetric coverage : Yes
- Detection speed : 0.3 – 3m/s
- Coverage angle : 90 degree
- Detection zones : 108
- Detection planes : 3
- White light filter : 6500 Lux
- Protection : Ultraviolet light filter
- Lens : Fresnel array
- Optics : Sealed
- Ceiling mounted : Bracket available
- Optimum coverage height : 1.8-2.4m
- Certified mounting height : 2.4m
Environmental and operating features
- Storage temperature : -40°C to +80°C
- Certified operating temperature : -10°C to 40°C
- Nominal operating temperature : -30°C to +70°C
- Physical dimensions (H x W x D) : 88 x 60 x 42mm
- Weight : 80g
Electrical & battery
- Operating voltage : 9 – 16V DC 13.8V DC typical
- Quiescent current consumption : 11mA @ 12V (Min), 12mA @ 12V (Max)
- Relay outputs : SELV limits; 60V DC, 50mA (42.4V AC Peak)
- Tamper switch : 12V 50mA
Certifications and warranty
- Electrical conformity : CE
- EN Certificate : EN50131-2-2:2008, EN50131-1:2006+A1:2009, PD6662:2010
- Certification type : Self-certified
- Environmental class : II
- Warranty : 5 years
- Security Grade : Grade 2